Posts tagged mp3
Majical Cloudz have shared “Your Eyes,” a beautiful song they recorded in 2011 and played live many times, but one they’ve never released before. Download “your Eyes” for free here and read what the band writes about the song below:
"Over the last five weeks we have had some of the best experiences we have ever had as a band. A lot of it still feels unreal. We played 20 shows with Lorde. We met an uncountable number of people at the shows and played for even more. We did it all with a crew of 4 people in a minivan. How did this happen?
As a thank you we are giving away this song, “Your Eyes”. I originally recorded it in 2011, and when Matt and I started playing shows together as Majical Cloudz this was always part of the set. It’s kind of a relic of the earliest period of our life as a band, so if you are finding out about us for the first time in the wake of our tour with Lorde, this will take you back to the beginning of our music-making days together. We made this new version just before we left on tour, so in one sense it is old and in another sense it is new.
It has been great meeting all of you. We will be touring the USA again soon, and in the meantime we are working on a bunch of new music.”
THE RADIO DEPT.
Death To Fascism [Labrador Records]
The Radio Dept. release their first new song in four years just in time for the Swedish elections. The title ”Death to Fascism” is probably self-explanatory.In the words of Yugoslavian partisan freedom fighter Stjepan Filipović “Smrt fasizmu, sloboda narodu” (Death to Fascism, freedom to the people).
Free Download Here.
Their Bodies in a Fog [Full Album Stream]
Arrange is the recording alias of 21-year-old Malcom Lacey, from Portland, OR. “Their Bodies in a Fog” , is arrange’s third full length LP and the first release for New York City by way of Toronto based record label Orchid Tapes. Listen above and free download it here via soundcloud.
NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS
Give Us A Kiss
Nick Cave is the subject of a new film called 20,000 Days on Earth, a doc(moc)umentary about Cave’s life. The movie directed by Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard, will be in theaters on September 19. Today we can hear “Give Us A Kiss” , a new song taken from the soundtrack along with a live version of "Jubilee Street", both songs are available
for free on soundcloud and will be released on a limited edition 10” on November 10.
Watch the trailer Here.
Iroquois [Track and Field records]
"Iroquois" is Cemeteries' contribution for Track and Fields Records summer compilation cassette, out July 29. Free Download on Soundcloud.
Amps, Drugs, Mellotron [Kranky/Paper Bag]
Experimental producer Tim Hecker has contributed to the Adult Swim singles series, with a new version of “Amps,Drugs,Mellotron” taken from last year’s excellent LP “Virgins”. Free Download on Soundcloud.
Fact Mix 447
- Forest Swords – Gathering
- Ex-Easter Island Head – Mallet Guitars Two
- David Borden – Enfield In Winter
- Fatima Al Qadiri - Szechuan
- Phil France – The Swimmer
- Wild Beasts – Pregnant Pause
- Vatican Shadow – Encryption Nets
- Hercules and Love Affair ft John Grant – I Try To Talk To You
- August Alsina – I Luv This Shit ft Trinidad James
- Jeremih – Raindrops
- Travi$ Scott – Upper Echelon ft T.I & 2Chainz
- Ben Frost – Secant
- Adrian Sherwood – Starship Bahia
- Frida – I See Red
- Peaking Lights – LO HI
- Love Joys – Stranger
- Susan Cadogan – Nice and Easy
- Janet Jackson – Love Will Never Do (Without You)
- Jade – Don’t Walk Away
- copeland – Advice To Young Girls
- Neneh Cherry – Blank Project
- Dutch E Germ – Rani
- Actress – Time
- Muslimgauze – Every Grain of Palestinian Sand
- Sd Laika – Meshes
- Boothroyd – NYC
- Raime – The Last Foundry
- Unknown – Thor’s Stone No Love (Forest Swords ft MC Ride)
- Richard Skelton – River Song
- Steindór Andersen – Stephansson: Rammislagur
Following a couple independent EP releases, Montreal’s Ought are ready to release their debut album More Than Any Other Day on April 29th via Constellation Records - “Habit” is the third track they’ve shared from it, following “Waiting” and “The Weather Song”
:: Free Download here
FACT mix 430
Reunited Shoegaze legends Slowdive, have compiled an amazing mix for FACT, collecting tracks that have significantly impacted their work. The Band told FACT: ”It’s hard to ignore how some of these bands have helped shape our sound, since they began sonically expanding our minds when we were still teenagers." (via Pitchfork)
- Sonic Youth – Silver Rocket
- Can – Mother Sky
- The Byrds – 8 Miles high
- My Bloody Valentine – Clair
- Dinosaur Jr – Let It Ride
- AR Kane – Haunting
- This Mortal Coil – Song To The Siren
- Bert Jansch – Come Sing Me a Happy Song to Prove We Can All Get Along the Lumpy Bumpy Long and Dusty Road
- Swans – Saved
- Brian Eno – The Big Ship
- The Cocteau Twins – Pink Orange Red
- Phillip Glass – Floe
- Yo La Tengo – Sugarcube
- Taylor Deupree – Img_0083
- Kitchens Of Distinction – The 3rd Time We Opened The Capsule
- Nick Drake – Riverman
- Bark Psychosis – Nothing Feels
- The Smiths – How Soon Is Now
- The Stooges – Search And Destroy
- The Cure – Cold
- Spiritualized – Run
- Syd Barrett – Terrapin
St Vincent [Album Stream]
:: Previously :
[St Vincent is out February 24 via Loma Vista]
Love Soul [Official Interactive Video, directed by Mitch Moore]
::Free Mp3 on the band’s site.